Special Projects Fund
Our Special Projects Fund enables us to support projects that address important health care or public health issues in the State, but are outside of our focused areas of work (building healthy communities, empowering health care consumers, and veterans’ health). We seek to help a wide range of organizations take on innovative projects that can improve health more broadly either at the organizational level, the community level, or the statewide level.
Eligible projects are coordinated interventions that take place over a specified period of time to achieve quantifiable results. Under the Special Projects Fund, the Foundation gives preference to projects that:
- Improve access to health care in service areas with acute shortages;
- Improve quality in measurable ways;
- Support and strengthen safety-net providers to reach more people;
- Address statewide health system issues that could improve the efficiency or effectiveness of the system; and
- Respond to time-sensitive and emerging issues.
When appropriate, projects should be sustainable beyond the grant period through other sources of financing and have strong potential for replication and scaling.