The American Public Health Association (APHA) is hosting its annual meeting and expo in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on November 2 – 6, 2019.
This year’s theme “Creating the Healthiest Nation: For Science. For Action. For Health” builds upon APHA’s three core principles that guide its work: science, action, and health. During this five-day-long meeting and expo, APHA will share innovative strategies to demonstrate how cooperation among organizations, governments, communities, public health disciplines, and the public can best improve health outcomes. The annual meeting brings together more than 12,000 public health professionals to collaborate and exchange knowledge that will help improve health care to build a healthier nation.
Attendees will learn more about:
- Health administration and advocacy for leaders;
- Implementation science;
- Evaluation of public health programs;
- The collective impact of pharmaceutical and public health collaborations to better health;
- The role of prevention, policies, planning, and practice in promoting healthy aging;
- Policy programs and reports for support givers; and
- How to address health equity through programs and policies that create healthier communities.
Learn more about the conference speakers, registration fees, and agenda here.