2019 Special Projects Fund Recipients
Grants through our Special Projects Fund allow us to support projects that address an important health care or public health issue in the State, but are outside of our targeted priority areas (building healthy communities and empowering health care consumers). We seek to help a wide range of health-related organizations take on innovative projects that can improve health more broadly either at the organizational level, the community level, or the statewide level.
Eligible projects are coordinated interventions that take place over a speciﬁed period of time to achieve quantiﬁable results. Under the Special Projects Fund, the Foundation gives preference to projects that: help low-income and elderly consumers understand and navigate the health system; improve access to health care in service areas with acute shortages; improve quality in measurable ways; support and strengthen safety-net providers to reach more people; and address statewide health system issues that could improve the eﬃciency or eﬀectiveness of the system.
List of 2019 Special Projects Fund Recipients (to date):
- The Public Good Projects, Inc.
- Brain Injury Association of New York State
- Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. (Suicide Prevention Center of New York)
- The Steven C. Rose Legacy Fund
- Hudson Center for Health Equity and Quality
- American Academy of Pediatrics NY Chapter 1