Testing for High Blood Sugar Among New York State Adults
- By: New York State Department of Health
- Date: August 2013
- Priority Area: Special Projects Fund, Diabetes Prevention and Management
- Type: Resources
- Category: Data Set, Fact Sheet, Report
- Document: Download
This Information for Action report by the New York State Department of Health examines the rates of reported testing for high blood sugar among adults in New York State. It finds that testing among New York State adults does not meet clinical guidelines.
- In New York State, rates of reported testing for high blood sugar among high-risk groups, especially among adults aged 18-44 with one or more risk factors, are still below that recommended by consensus guidelines.
- An estimated 7.5 million of adults in New York State report receiving a test for high blood sugar within the past three years.
Additional Information for Action reports are available here.