Fort Drum Regional Health Planning Organization, Inc.
- Project Title: Meeting the Mark: Achieving Excellence in Diabetes Care
- Priority Area: Diabetes Prevention and Management
- Grant Amount: $66,500
- Date Awarded: January 11, 2012
- Region: North Country
- Website: http://www.fdrhpo.org/
- Grant Status: Complete
Diabetes exacts a devastating human and financial toll on New York State: 1.8 million New Yorkers suffer from diabetes and disease-related costs for the State are estimated at $12.9 billion annually. As part of an effort to reverse the epidemic, this grant supported primary care physicians in their efforts to provide excellent care for their patients with diabetes. The Meeting the Mark: Achieving Excellence in Diabetes Care grant awarded $2,500 per physician who attained recognition from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) or the Bridges to Excellence (BTE) diabetes program. Fort Drum Regional Health Planning Organization, Inc., received funds to support 22 primary care physicians.
Under this grant, the Meeting the Mark initiative set out to achieve the following:
- Assist at least 3,000 physicians in achieving NCQA or BTE diabetes recognition.
- Provide $2,500 per physician who achieves diabetes recognition.
By February 2014, the Meeting the Mark initiative achieved the following outcomes:
- Helped more than 1,100 providers receive NCQA or BTE diabetes recognition.