2012 Special Projects Fund
Through this RFP, NYSHealth sought projects that would have impact within an organization or community, and initiatives that would have a large-scale statewide or regionwide impact on New York State’s health care system. An emphasis was placed on projects that:
- helped low-income and elderly consumers understand and navigate the health care system;
- improved access to health care in service areas that have acute shortages;
- addressed a statewide health system issue that could improve the efficiency or effectiveness of the system;
- improved quality of care in measurable ways;
- supported and strengthened safety-net providers of health care;
- scaled up successful programs or services to reach more people; and
- provided culturally appropriate programs for underserved populations.
This RFP is now closed.